Additional Capacity in North Sulawesi will Come from Renewables, Says Energy Minister

Thursday, 25 November 2021 - Dibaca 273 kali

MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND MINERAL RESOURCES

REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA

PRESS RELEASE

NUMBER: 417.Pers/04/SJI/2021

Date: 25 November 2021

Additional Capacity in North Sulawesi will Come from Renewables, Says Energy Minister

The electricity supply for the public, in particular the people of North Sulawesi, is safe because the reserve margin is sufficient, at 41.79%, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources (EMR), Arifin Tasrif, has said in a visit to UP2B Minahasa System on Thursday (25 /11).

"We will also utilize renewable energy sources that are widely available in North Sulawesi to meet the growing demand for electricity supply," Minister Arifin continued.

According to Arifin, increased capacity from new, renewable energy sources is in line with the National Electricity Procurement Master Plan (RUPTL) of 2021-2030, which places a higher priority on renewables.

According to PLN's RUPTL of 2021-2030, the Sulawesi region will receive an additional capacity of 783.09 MW. The addition will mostly come from renewables power plants of 397.09 MW (51%), while the remaining 386 MW (49%) will come from fossil-fueled power plants. For the isolated system of Talaud, the 2x3 MW Talaud coal-fired power plant will be fueled by biomass from the year 2022.

On this occasion, Arifin also touched on the issue of electricity supply during the Christmas and New Year holidays. According to Arifin, based on the amount of installed capacity and reserve margin, electricity supply during the Christmas and New Year holidays will be sufficient. (IY)

Head of Bureau of Communication, Public Information Services, and Cooperation

Agung Pribadi (08112213555)

Share This!